Friday 20 May 2016

Clean Eating Alice


Along with many others, I received my pre- ordered "Clean Eating Alice" recipe and exercise book by Alice Liveing yesterday.
I like to think that I feed the family a well balanced, healthy diet and I try to exercise regularly but recent food scares have made me more aware of what we are eating and the effect it has on our bodies and well being.
As a Macmillan volunteer I obviously meet and speak to a lot of people suffering from or recovering from cancer and until the day when a cure or cause for this awful disease is found, I personally think it makes sense to think about what we are eating. I for one would love to have more energy and really like the fact that this book is not a diet book but a book about nourishing our bodies with tasty, healthy meals. Today I have tried the Portobello Mushrooms with Goat's cheese and the Super Simple Prawn Curry and have to say they were really easy to make and tasted great.
 I'm not sure how strictly I'll be able to stick to clean eating as it would seem that neither alcohol or chocolate figure very highly in Alice's day to day life but I'll let you know how I get on.
Thanks Alice. EJ

No comments:

Post a Comment